Do you want to expand the size of a building you own? Were you told that you need zoning approval before your new development project can even break ground? Have you received a zoning code violation notice?
Land use and zoning involves the regulation of the use and development of real estate. Zoning regulations and restrictions are used by municipalities to control and direct the development of property within their borders. The regulations and restrictions can include:
- Specific requirements as to the type of buildings allowed
- Location of utility lines
- Restrictions on accessory buildings
- Building setbacks from the streets and other boundaries
- The size and height of buildings
- Number of rooms
- Floor space or area and cubic feet
- Frontage of lots
- Minimum lot area
- Front, rear, and side yards
- Off-street parking
- The number of dwelling units in a certain area
- In areas of historic or cultural significance, zoning regulations may require that those features be preserved.
HOW WE CAN HELP
At Rinehart, Rishel & Cuckler, Ltd., we can guide you, our client, through government regulatory processes that are often complex and overwhelming. We may be able to help you with:
- Securing Zoning clearance
- Obtaining Area Commission approvals
- Resolving Zoning Code violations
- And more…
Call on our extensive knowledge of land use & zoning law and our keen understanding of the local government process in order to assist with your commercial or residential project. Reach out to us.